Padlock Ranch is looking for a seasonal permit rider for our forest permits on the Big Horn National Forest near Burgess Junction, WY. This job would run from mid-June to mid-October.
This individual would be responsible for the following:
- Starting in mid-June to get fences up and in condition to hold cattle ahead of receiving cattle in mid-July
- Riding on AI bred yearling heifers to keep them inside of allotment pastures and keeping clean up bulls with cattle through late August
- Keeping mineral out with cattle, making sure mineral sites are in accordance with Forest Service guidelines
- Working with ranch management to meet grazing standards in individual pastures, managing around key area concepts
- A ranch crew would help with all major pasture moves
This individual would be allowed to keep up to 7 horses, per our grazing permit. Housing is a rustic well maintained cabin with propane fridge and cook stove. No running water.
This individual would need their own horses as well as pick up and trailer, and would be compensated accordingly.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com