padlockranchco Padlock Ranch
- Minimum of 5 years of verifiable livestock experience and demonstrated competence/knowledge in animal health.
- Experience in and willingness to use minimal stress animal handling techniques and exhibit good horsemanship skills.
- Ability to learn and operate feedlot management software in the hospitals.
- Ability to shoe your own string of horses.
- Good attitude and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Riding pens and cattle movements as needed.
- Diagnosing and treating sick animal, adhering to established treatment protocols set up by consulting vets and management.
- Maintaining accurate treatment records for individual animals using Feed Yard Manager software.
- Keep accurate records of cattle pulled from pens to aid feedlot manager in maintaining accurate daily pen counts.
- Pen maintenance at the feedlot, including fence repair and dirt work.
- Fence maintenance on pastures adjacent to or near the feedlot.
- Helping with pasture rotations of yearlings in a MIG system on irrigated pasture during the summer.
- Filling out branding crews and help with pasture moves on ranch units as needed during the summer.
- Helping with heat detection during AI of replacement heifers in July.
Compensation and benefits:
- Salary, depending upon experience.
- Ranch provided housing including basic utilities.
- Ranch vehicle for ranch use.
- Insurance after 90 days of fulltime employment. Covers employee plus family, with no out of pocket premiums.
- Eligibility for 401K after 1 year of fulltime employment, with employer match of up to 5% of employee cash salary. All matches are 100% vested at the time of match.
- Ability to keep some personal horse for ranch use. To be discussed on an individual basis.