The Padlock Ranch – Livestock – Management Unit – Camp Man will be part of a team involved in the day-to-day activities and care of livestock on one of our 5 management units. People employed in these positions will be direct reports to their individual Unit Manager, who in turn is a direct report to the Livestock Manager. The employment structure of our units consists of a Unit Manager, and 1 or more camp men, depending on the individual operational considerations of the Ranch Units. People who are employed in this type of position will be involved in the day-to day cow work, as well as maintaining water infrastructure and fencing. They will be involved in cow moves, branding, weaning, putting out mineral and/or protein supplement, feeding cattle, maintaining and building fences, maintaining and building water improvements, and machinery operation as needed. They may also be asked to help on neighboring units as the need dictates.
- A minimum of 3 years of livestock experience
- Experience in and willingness to use minimal stress animal handling techniques and exhibit good horsemanship skills
- Ability to shoe own string of horses
- Maintaining a positive attitude, and the ability and willingness to take direction from supervisors
- Ability to work as part of a crew or alone as the task dictates
- Willingness to learn our system and work toward overarching ranch priorities
- Participate in day-to-day activities on the Ranch Unit, including – moving cattle; riding for health; putting out mineral; maintaining fences, corrals, and water improvements; (significant time horseback).
- Helping the Unit manager in implementation of a planned, time-controlled grazing system
- Working efficiently get the work done in a timely manner.
- Taking care of horse your string of ranch and/or personal horses. Keeping horses shod and in usable condition. Managing the horse pastures and/or traps around your camp
- Taking care of your ranch house and yard. Keeping things policed up and yard mowed.
- Taking care of your ranch provided vehicles, keeping them clean inside and out, checking fluids, communicating to shop any issues.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based upon experience.
- Insurance for employee and their family, available after 90-days of full-time employment.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year, accrued per pay period (Timing to be worked out with individual supervisor).
- Eligibility to participate in employer sponsored 401-k after 1 year of full-time employment. Employer will match up to 5% of annual salary if that amount is invested. Employee can contribute any amount they chose.
- Housing plus basic utilities (gas/electric).
- Ability to keep some personal horses as long as they are for ranch use, number to be discussed on a person-by-person basis.
- Ranch pickup and trailer, and ATV for ranch use.
- Dogs are allowed, as long as well mannered, to be used at the discretion of the individual Unit Managers. No dogs allowed in houses.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com